1.Which term describes the bird and the cat in the following pattern of energy flow?
sun grass grasshopper bird cat
2.An owl cannot entirely digest the animals it preys upon. Therefore, each day it expels from its mouth a pellet
composed of fur, bones, and sometimes cartilage. By examining owl pellets, ecologists would be able to
(1) consumers that owls prefer
(3) organisms that feed on owls
(2) autotrophs that owls prefer
(4) saprophytes that affect owls
3.Which graph best represents a predator-prey relationship in a stable ecosystem?
4.Lions and hawks hunt and kill other living things before eating them. Based on this mode of nutrition, lions and
hawks are classified as
5.A characteristic shared by both predators and parasites is that they
(1) feed on decomposing plant material
(3) live inside their hosts
(2) capture and kill animals for food
(4) attack a living food source
6.An overpopulation of deer in a certain area will most likely lead to
(1) a decrease in the number of predators of the deer
(2) an increase in the number of autotrophs available for food
(3) a decrease in the incidence of disease
(4) an increase in competition between the deer
7.Which organisms would most likely have a predator-prey relationship?
(1) tapeworm and dog
(2) barnacle and whale
(3) hawk and mouse
(4) rabbit and grass
8.Which pair of organisms represents a predator-prey relationship?
(1) owl and mouse
(2) protozoan and termite (3) tapeworm and dog
(4) deer and apple tree
9.Animals that feed exclusively on herbivores are known as
(1) primary consumers
10.Which relationship best describes the interactions between lettuce and a rabbit?
(1) predator — prey
(3) parasite — host
(2) producer — consumer
(4) decomposer — scavenger
http://ReviewBiology.com for more review
Play Biology Games http://ReviewGameZone.com