1. Compound X increases the rate of the reaction
5. The equations below represent a summary of a
cellular process. Letters A , B , C , and D represent
some components of this process.
Compound X is most likely
(1) an enzyme
(3) an indicator
(2) a lipid molecule
(4) an ADP molecule
2. The enzyme beta-galactosidase is involved in a
certain body reaction. What will most likely
A chemical that destroys proteins was added to a
happen if beta-galactosidase is not available?
cell in which this process was taking place.
(1) A different enzyme will be used in the
Which component would most likely have been
(2) The rate of the reaction will change.
(3) Different chemicals will be used in the
reaction to replace the enzyme.
(4) Coenzymes will produce beta-galactosidase.
6. The reaction below occurs in many organisms.
urea + water --
urease --> carbon dioxide + ammonia
3. Which statement best describes enzymes?
This reaction would still occur, but at a much
(1) They slow down the rate of breathing.
slower rate, in the absence of
(2) They are the building blocks of polymers.
(3) They speed up the conduction of impulses
along a nerve cell.
(2) carbon dioxide
(4) They influence the rate of chemical
7. The equation below summarizes the process that
produces the flashing light of a firefly. The
4. In order to survive, all organisms must carry out
molecule luciferin is broken down, and energy is
released in the form of heat and light.
(1) autotrophic nutrition
(2) heterotrophic nutrition
(3) enzyme-controlled reactions
(4) the process of locomotion
In this process, luciferase functions as
(1) a reactant
(3) an inorganic
(2) a substrate
(4) an enzyme
8. Although a certain molecule is involved in a
specific reaction, its structure and chemical
composition are exactly the same after the
reaction as before the reaction. This molecule is
most likely classified as
(1) an enzyme
(3) a sugar
(2) a salt
(4) an acid
https://reviewbiology.com for more review
Play Biology Games http://ReviewGameZone.com