1. Which term refers to all the activities required to
9. Which reactions in the list below are associated
( A ) cellular reactions that release energy
( B ) photosynthetic reactions that store energy
( C ) muscle reactions that use energy
2. Which term refers to all the chemical activities
(1) A and B , only
(3) A and C , only
that occur in an organism?
(2) B and C , only
(4) A , B , and C
10. Which term is defined as all the chemical
reactions that are required to sustain life?
3. Which process includes the other three?
11. Every single-celled organism is able to survive
4. A biologist would most likely study all the
because it carries out
chemical activities of an organism to obtain
(1) metabolic activities (3) heterotrophic
information about the
(1) number of mutations in the organism
(2) autotrophic nutrition (4) sexual
(2) reproductive cycle of the organism
(3) development of the organism
(4) metabolism of the organism
12. In the earthworm, digested proteins are converted
to new proteins by the process of
5. The breathing rate, heart rate, and blood hormone
levels of a human would most likely provide
information about human
(1) cellular organization (3) nutrition
13. Small, soluble food molecules are converted to
larger, insoluble molecules by the process of
6. Which term is used to represent all of the
physiological activities carried on by an
14. Proteins not ingested by humans are found in
human cells. The presence of these proteins is
most directly a result of
7. Which term includes all the activities required to
keep an organism alive?
15. Which activity is an example of the life process
known as synthesis?
(1) An organic compound is broken down and
8. Living organisms can best be distinguished from
energy is released.
nonliving things by determining the presence or
(2) Starch is formed by the chemical bonding
of glucose molecules.
(1) carbon atoms
(3) A large molecule is broken down into smaller
(2) oxygen atoms
(4) chemical reactions
(4) Oxygen moves into a cell through the cell
https://reviewbiology.com for more review
Play Biology Games http://ReviewGameZone.com